Monday, February 26, 2007

Media Frenzy

here are two links from my mom and my brother with good stuff on Senegal

First the elections-- which came and went with really no serious event other than some pep-rally like cheering sections in the streets. The NYTimes covered it here

Senegalese Vote Hinges on Views of Economic Growth


I really like the article for some its summary of what Ablaye Wade means for the country-- he has a long political past here and I am still trying to figure out all of it.

Second is a film made in the south of the country. I love the images in it. The people are very real Senegalese (the film-maker used an all-local dance and theater troupe) and the scenery is of course, true to life. Maybe the story is a little trite (clearly made by a european white guy) but still worth a look.

Binta and the Great Idea

No comments: