Wednesday, September 06, 2006

and on a lighter note

I was welcomed home so warmly by my family that I had to remember why I came here. They truly are so wonderful, I couldn't leave them. And I have to thank my volunteer friends and my local other Toubabs for remembering me too! They all were in touch in my first few days home and I feel so lucky to have a great community here.

This doesn't negate the fact that I couldn't bring myself to eat rice today and ended up sitting on my floor and boiling packaged mac and cheese (thank you care packages!)

and several of my work partners have been in touch as well, which is encouraging!

thanks so much to everyone at home-- friends, family, friends of friends (maybe even the ND Football team?) for making my visit home spectacular. I can't wait to be back with all of you!

No comments: