Thursday, September 07, 2006

trapped!






I wrote the other day about feeling trapped by poverty. I didn't think it would take effect so quickly but here I am. Trapped, in a different sort of way. It has rained for 8 straight hours. Not the messing around, play in the streets kind of rain, but the kind that rattles my tin roof until I think it will fly off (although it still doesn't manage to cool the interior... )

so jet lag + rain means that I haven't left my room in 36 hours... Cabin Fever! this is another thank you to care packages... what would I do without Sudoku puzzles and beef jerky? I have nearly finished an entire tome by Salman Rushdie and still going strong.

On a side note, I was so worried about needing to carry little silly gifts for family, friends and work partners here (the gift from your trip thing is taken pretty seriously) that I never bought myself any wonderful american treats to bring back with me... so mom, my apologies in advance for repeated phone calls asking for granola bars and wheat thins...

here are some more photos of the "ocean" in front of my house

No comments: